I adore ice cream and all things that behave similar to ice cream. So, frozen bananas blended with other stuff that end up seeming like ice cream, count me in. This is an easy blender recipe with not many ingredients, keep things simple.
After it was all blended, I put it back in the freezer for 30 min to harden a bit more
ready to eat
now REALLY ready to eat! Topped with cacao nibs and mulberries
- 2 frozen bananas, in chunks
- 1/4 cup (or less) rolled oats (I did less)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (or less) nondairy chocolate chips
- optional 10-15 drops of vanilla stevia
Toss everything except the chocolate chips in the blender and blend. I used a Blendtec Twister Jar and the ice cream setting on the blender, worked out perfect. If you don’t have that, any other high powered blender will work, you just may have to turn off the blender to scrape down the sides then turn it back on again couple of times. Blend until smooth, put the chocolate chips in and blend for about 5 seconds.
I put mine in the freezer after I made it, to harden up a little bit while I was cleaning up my mess and such. I topped it with cacao nibs and dried mulberries too!
p.s. if you haven’t had dried mulberries over ice cream/smoothie bowls/acai bowls/etc, you should! They get hard and crunchy and are amazing!
My husband👦🏽begged me to make Churro Waffle for brunch today after his Dr. Appt (broken foot 👎🏽…. no need surgery, phew!) We’ve had this unused waffle maker that we got from our wedding 🎁 (4 years ago!😳) so I found a recipe….. Veganized and made it Gluten-Free, and it came out to be a banging success! I topped off with Vanilla Glaze and Coconut Bacon!!
Churro Waffle Batter
- 2 cups of Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon of Grapeseed Oil
- 3 Tablespoon of Trader Joe’s Maple Syrup
- 2 cup of Gluten-Free flour of your choice (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Arrowroot
- 1 cup of Trader Joe’s Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance Butter, Soy-Free
Churro Vanilla Galze
- 1 cup of Trader Joe’s Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon of Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Mix it in bowl and set aside
Instructions Step by step
1. Mix Sugar and Cinnamon in bowl, set aside
2. Melt butter in bowl, set aside
3. Mix milk, vinegar, oil, and maple syrup first then add flour, salt, baking powder, and arrowroot till batter is smooth then set aside
Follow your Waffle Iron’s cooking directions.
Pour Churro Batter into waffle iron and when it is done, lightly brush butter all over the waffle (both sides) then sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture on both sides.
- Coconut Bacon
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Drizzle of melted chocolate