People often wonder how I get my kale salads to turn out so much differently than they do. So, I made a little video of what I do to the kale when I make a salad.
Creamy Dill Dressing
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or more water)
- 1/2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBS stone ground mustard
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (doesn’t need to be chopped)
Toss everything except the dill in the blender and blend on medium high until smooth, I ran my blender for 1 min 30 seconds. Then toss in the dill and blend on lowest setting for 20-30 seconds. It makes it so you can still see the dill specks in it. You can blend it all the way in and make the dressing all green, only difference is the look.
- 1 bunch green kale, torn
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 uncooked quinoa cooked in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 pear, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cucumber, small dice
- 2 TBS dried cranberries
- coconut bacon, sprinkled over top
- avocado, optional
- Creamy Dill Dressing
This is how I make it, but really however you feel like putting it together is fabulous.
Tear up the kale in to small pieces in a large bowl. Toss kale in 3 TBS or so of dressing, then add quinoa and toss again. This makes it so that the quinoa sticks to the kale. Next put all the other ingredients over the top (except the coconut bacon), add another 2-3 TBS dressing and toss again. Plate and serve topped with coconut bacon.