This is lazy BIG salad, I made it to bring to a family gathering, all one bowl (except if you use quinoa) so minimal clean up. That’s always a positive thing for me.
- 2 large broccoli crown chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup mango, cubed small
- 1-2 TBS currants (or you can use cranberries)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 3-4 cups greens, I used 1.5c arugula and 2c spinach
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper & turmeric
- 1 TBS coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- Top with slivered almonds, or coconut bacon
The best thing about this salad is, you just toss the stuff in a big salad bowl and mix. The only thing special I kinda do is, chop all the veggies and mix them all together with 1/2-3/4 of the avocado before I add the greens, the avocado coats the veggies and kinda acts like a dressing.
Then add in the greens, edamame (I don’t cook it, I just measure it frozen and let it sit out while I’m chopping) and quinoa. Mix again. It will crush the arugula and spinach, but that’s what you are going for. Throw the spices and seasonings over the top with the rice vinegar and coconut sugar and mix it all again. Bam, done!!
Oil free, raw and one bowl, except the quinoa!