I saw a recipe on pintrest that inspired me to make this. It had oil added as well as cheese and some other things I felt like could easily be swapped out. It turned out so great and much healthier.
I love this lentil quinoa pasta, it cooks well, holds together and has great amount of protein!
You know I’m not much for long explanations, because I hate scrolling through all the blabber/talking in order to get to the recipe. So, just know, I loved this!!
- 1 box Lentil-Quinoa pasta
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 lime juiced
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 cup cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- 2 yellow summer squash, diced (can swap out for 1 cup frozen corn)
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the box’s instructions. When it’s done, strain it and rinse it with cold water. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients on the list until and including the cilantro and mix.
Sauté the squash for about 5 min, or until it’s cooked the way you enjoy it. After it’s done, toss it in with the mix along with the avocado. After its mixed, add in the pasta.
Waiting to add the avocado and pasta at the end makes it so they both stay in shape in the salad.